Really Reality

From The Real Housewives on Bravo to MTV’s Teen Mom it seems every time you change the channel these days there’s a new “reality” TV show popping up. Personally I can’y get enough of them but there are some cases where I believe the networks have gone a little too far. I think there needs to be some boundaries established because it seems like they’ll make a show about anything, and people will watch it! Another way reality TV can be bad is that it can give people a false impression of how life should be. Keeping Up With the Kardashians is the perfect example of this. Young girls see the Kardashian sisters in full hair and makeup everyday always dressed to the nine and they think that real women should also be this glamorous. Another thing about so called “reality” shows is that the majority of them are scripted when in real life you can’t yell cut or re-do. People can’t go around thinking that their lives should be perfect like the ones they see on TV because in fact what their seeing isn’t perfect it’s fake.
On the other hand, more recently there has been a spike in reality shows that are somewhat educational. National Geographic has been advertising that after years of exploring and learning about different cultures from around the world they are now taking a look into our own. They now have a new string of shows which include King Colony: American Hutterites, which I have to admit is my guiltiest pleasure. Before the showed premiered I had no idea what in the world a Hutterite was and had it not been for NatGeo I probably never would have known. I don’t know if this new generation of reality shows will stick around for long but I sure hope they do. What the world needs is to see how different everyone and the beauty of it because without the individuality we would not be human at all.
i enjoyed reading this post because it is the "otherside of the coin" to my post.i never knew there was educational reality shows...im enlighten.
ReplyDeleteI agree completley with you. Too many people live their lives in competition with these reality tv shows. The drama, the drinking and all the fake reality that comes along with it. If people were actually being real, it would probably be boring or ruin their careers!
ReplyDeletewould you look at that, an educational reality show. i give you props
ReplyDeleteI agree with your opinion about the Kardashian sisters, even though they act like their perfect they have way too many problems starting with kim.
ReplyDelete